Tuesday 24 November 2015

Hotel Serela Waringin, Bandung

*disclaimer:
this review is in English, since I posted it first in TripAdvisor .

To be honest, I can't really decide what to feel regarding my stay here. To keep it short, I'll go by TripAdvisor's guide to writing a great review :p

1. The Service: 9 point from me. They were friendly, fast-responding, I'm particulary impressed by the restaurant staff lady who convinced me that they were able to provide me with plain rice, then that they only served fried rice and yellow rice.
2. The Room: 8 from me. I stayed in a superior room, it's rather small, but not with just basic facilities. I loved the bed, it was super comfort! The bathroom is equipped with two types of shower.
3. Location & amenities: near Pasir Kaliki a.k.a. Paskal, so it's kinda easy for you to travel here and there. There are Indomaret and Alfamart right next to the hotel, some chinese food restaurants - a bit pricey, though.
4. What I liked best: 
I loved how they provide a hairdryer in the bathroom! Oh, also the cottonbud. I mean, those trivial yet thoughtful things.
I adored Mr Julius, the security guy who's working hard to make sure the cars go in and out easily.
I liked the restaurant, they serve somewhat various tasty food.

What I liked least:
They forgot to put the sandals in the room, but they quickly fixed it.
The parking lot is too cramped, and the exit is also the entrance! So, when we checked out on Sunday (they host a church there), it was almost like a traffic frenzy for poor Mr Julius.
The hot water didn't really come out as "hot", it was almost lukewarm. But it was fine by me, as long as it didn't make me freeze.
The pool water was too cold! Or maybe it was like that in every hotel in Bandung?
Oh, and the worst, they said they provide free wifi in every room. Nah, it didn't work in my room (2nd floor). I had to stand by my door just to get an average connection! Luckily, my 3G connection was good in the room.

Overall, I gave Serela Waringin 7,5 out of 10.




No comments: